Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Parent Trap Night

Hey, summer's almost over and I was feeling incredibly sentimental with my kids, so I decided to have a girl's night and watch The Parent Trap.
I first dusted off my original VHS masterpiece, which bored the technocolor out of my girls within seconds- -seriously, they were wandering around, DONE before the previews (what's a previews?) were finished, so I stooped to base level, fetched L. Lohan's remake off of Netflix and we settled in for some mother-daughter time.
I've been waiting my daughter's entire life to share this movie with her and now I have 3 other little ladies to maximize the estrogen fest.
..Let's just say it was a girly overload of coming-of-age-ness, and all of the girls had something to say about it.

"This is the best movie ever." -Averie (with tears and stars in her eyes)

"Why does she [Lohan] get to say 'sexy'? That's not a kid word. When I'm older do I get to say it?"- Anabel

"If I had a twin, it would be evil." -Cat

"That lady is ONLY marrying him for his money. You married our dad because you liked.. well.. he has a nice beard."
-Vinnie
----
We laughed, we cried, we all applauded when the mom and dad finally got together for that kiss and Vinnie shouted, "THINGS ARE GETTING SPICY UP IN HURR!"

It was a good night. I can't wait until Averie is 16 and I can do this again with Mean Girls, since we are now apparently team Lohan.

1 comment: