Monday, August 25, 2014

Quick Gift Guide for Turning 30

Remember when you were turning 25 and it was totally acceptable to receive a case of beer for your birthday? Once 30 rolls around, your idea of what constitutes an awesome gift changes a bit.
(while beer is still a staple in my grown up diet, I prefer it dark, hand crafted and less Pabsty)

Since everyone my age is turning 30 this year (ha), I thought I'd put together a nifty mini gift guide of grown up gifts for brand new grown ups.
************************************

Subscription Boxes
Makeup, candles, whatever the crap--have it come via USPS in a cute little box and your new 30 year old will love it.
**You can even get me my birthday beer this way.




Art
New grown ups need art. It doesn't have to be expensive, collector's stuff, but it needs to be things that are not Morrissey posters. Your 30 year old has enough of those.
I really like the framed prints available on minted and I have a few in my home. They come matted, framed and ready to go.


via Wikimedia Commons
Gift Certificates That Force Them to Leave the House
Everybody loves a Target gift card, but let's face it: this is kind of a thoughtless gift.
Look on Groupon-esque sites for shit to do, not just shit to eat. 30 year olds don't get out as often as they should because it's kind of a funky age. Too old for da' club
 ATTENTION 30 YEAR OLDS, YOU ARE TOO OLD TO GO CLUBBING. YES, YOU ARE. STOP IT. THINK OF YOUR POOR EARS. 
 and too young to join the bingo club at the community center. Not to mention it is totally acceptable to be married and childrened by this age, which also limits your time and ability to go out. Go karts, Dave & Busters, museums, plays.. give your 30 year old something fun to do.
via Know Your Meme
Amazon Prime Subscription
Yes, 30 year olds need to leave the house, but only to do awesome stuff. Give them the gift of being able to order toilet paper off of Amazon with free 2 day shipping. Not to mention Prime video is pretty rad (all 4 seasons of Workaholics? Yes, please).



via wikimedia
Yarn
It seems like this is what all the ladies my age are asking for, myself included. It's like some biological thing to hoard hand dyed fibers.

And there you have some decent gifts for that 29 year old who's ready to not be in their 20's anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment