Wednesday, May 14, 2014

We Got Disneyland Passes!


I was trying to figure out what was missing in my life and now I know: Disneyland.
Disneyland has been such a big part of me, and I had gone almost 2 years without renewing my pass, so this is a big deal to be able to go again.
....
I just reread the previous line, and I guess some explanation is needed. You see, my husband and I met in Tomorrowland when I was in 8th grade. We both had annual passes and would just show up on Friday nights,  with about 50 other counter culture teenagers, and would hang out loiter at the park. I followed my husband around like a complete puppy dog for the first 2 years we knew one another. I had never had such a big crush on anyone before and I was completely head over heels for this scrawny, Colombian kid. I knew he knew I liked him, but the ways of wishy washy 10th grade Jeffrey left me absolutely sure he thought I was disgusting. One Friday night, on a bench outside The Country Bear Jamboree (super romantic), Jeffrey planted a big fat kiss on my lips and said he like liked me. And that was it, we were boyfriend and girlfriend after that (until we grew up, I moved away and yada yada).

So yeah, the park is more than just an amusement park to me. It is my special place.
...and if you need to get a hold of me, you know where I'm at.




1 comment: