Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Dami Sushi & Izakaya is Your New Favorite Happy Hour

This sponsored post is made possible by Dami Sushi & Izakaya of Buena Park. I came, I ate, I wrote. 
Photo courtesy Xenia at www.RaisedByCulture.com
I love happy hour deals almost as much as I love oysters. Dami Sushi & Izakaya in Buena Park has a daily happy hour that features $1 Eastern oysters on the half shell! 

I am so lucky to have good friends who know (and love!) good food. Last Tuesday, Xenia and I cleared our mom-schedules and adventured to Dami Sushi & Izakaya in Buena Park for oysters, sushi, yakitori and kid-free adult time. I say adventured, because Dami features a bold Korean and Japanese fusion menu that is modern, innovative and, in my opinion, delicious.

We started our meal with a glass of cool sake and were treated to Dami Signature Oyster Shooters, which are my new obsession. Fresh shelled oyster, raw quail egg, sake and tamago in a shot glass with a lemon chaser, just worksI promise. The flavors come together and you go to umami heaven for a few seconds. Go add Dami Oyster shooters to your bucket list (Xenia says you gotta).

Next, we tried a variety of starters, my favorite being the whole grain salad, which consisted of black rice, millet, lentils, kidney beans and mozzarella served on tender, baby mesclun with a tangy soy vinaigrette. I also enjoyed the jawanmushi, a creamy, savory egg custard with shitake mushrooms.

After our appetizers, our server expert guide, Andrew, brought our Dami seafood box. The cuts and selection of fish were the chef's choice, but I was pleased to see some of my favorites (tuna, yellowtail) and a few new flavors I was intrigued to try. All the fish was fresh and the cuts were as clean as the presentation. The seafood box is $40 and serves two; perfect for a date night and a great value for quality sushi.
As if there wasn't enough to try, we sampled a few yakitory flavors and other dinner items. The bacon wrapped asperagus yakitory was cooked perfectly and I especially enojoyed the chillean sea bass. However, the real winner of the night was the ssam bop set, a cross between korean bibimbop and a Japanese lettuce wrap.


We ended our satisfying meal with rich, green tea creme brulee and a resolution to make more time for ourselves to try new things.

Now, I'd like to offer you a chance to try Dami Sushi & Izakaya!


a Rafflecopter giveaway

I'd like to thank Dami Sushi & Izakaya for the opportunity to sample and review their amazing restaurant. For more information, visit www.eatdami.com

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was great food. I am definitely going to bring my husband back.

      Delete