Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Salary Article of Your Dreams!

Moms, how much do you think you're worth? A million hugs and kisses? Some construction paper card with a scribble of you that more likely resembles The Rage Guy?
Lemme tell you how much you're worth and how much they* owe you. 

Average Salary of Jobs with Titles Matching Your Search**

In USD as of Mar 3, 201420k40k60k

short order cook

$16,000 High Confidence (more than 250 sources)

maid

$20,000 High Confidence (more than 250 sources)

taxi driver

$53,000 High Confidence (more than 250 sources)

referee

$20,000 Medium Confidence (75-250 sources)

baby sitter

$20,000 High Confidence (more than 250 sources)

seamstress

$21,000 High Confidence (more than 250 sources)
statistics via indeed.com/salary
Alright, so let's combine the average salaries from all these occupations and find our mean: $25,000. Not great, but not so bad for not getting a non college degree in knocked uppery. 
Now let's find out what your hourly wage would be!
8 hours a day of motherhood: $12/hour 
Overtime: $18/hour
So, I got up at 7 AM and worked as a mom until 8:18 PM when I finally screamed at the kids to get back in bed for the millionth time. That's 13 hours and 18 minutes. Because I'm generous, I'll round down to 13 hours. 
They owe me $186 just for TODAY. Multiply that by 364 (hooray for one day off a year!) and I'm looking at $67,704 per year as a mom. Gotta love that overtime (amIright?)! Now, how many years of back pay are you owed?
--I'll take that in big bills because I have some mom's I need to repay...
*They includes your spouse. You know you pick up his shit, too. 
**Statistics via Indeed.com 3/14
*** Please excuse my rudimentary math skills. My brain cells were lost because kids. 

2 comments:

  1. You could also add an accountant/economist to your list- for the monthly budgeting and deal finding at the grocery store that all us moms do each month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! And maybe I'll research dog walker too because nobody walks the family pet, either.

    ReplyDelete