Monday, November 4, 2013

Paint Swatch Autumn Wreath


Thanksgiving is one of my least favorite holidays. Sorry, but I'm just counting down to Christmas. I don't put many fall decorations up, because I would much rather spend my money on extravagant LED lighted candy canes and giant inflatable scenes of Mickey Mouse drinking hot cocoa with a snow beast.
But today, while I was stuck at the hardware store because my husband was pricing baker's racks for 10 hours, I found some great autumn colored paint swatches and decided to make a little Thanksgiving decoration for my front door (to keep up until it is socially acceptable to put up my Christmas wreath).
What I used:
-A shameless amount of paint swatches
-Elmer's glue (although I should have used hot glue)
-Yarn to hang it up

Pretty simply, I cut some free form shapes like leaves, twigs and whatevers, glued them together (again, use hot glue if you can) and that was it. I just kept on adding and gluing individual pieces until it looked full.

And then I put glitter on  and ruined it...Don't add glitter if you're an inexperienced glitterer like me.
...actually just don't add glitter.
Don't.

2 comments: