Wednesday, October 2, 2013

More Horseracing and Stuff

Untitled

Guys, the races were awesome!
Did I win big? No.
Did I learn tons about racing? Yes!
Did I have fun? YES!
The weather on Friday was perfect, Santa Anita Park was gorgeous and I GOT TO BE A GROWN UP FOR A FEW HOURS!
America's Best Racing treated me and some So Cal Lady Bloggers to an afternoon of drinks, betting and horsing around (sorry, I had to). We were able to tour the track, meet and greet jockeys and learn why the races are an excellent way to spend an afternoon.

Untitled
First of all, I had a really wonderful time watching the horses, taking in the scenery and exploring Santa Anita. The Park was built in the 1930's and is an Art Deco lover's paradise. Seabiscuit raced there and I got stupid giddy every time I saw anything having to do with that famous horse.
Untitled
I didn't think I would get as wrapped up in the races as I did, but I have to admit that watching the horses and placing bets was pretty exhilarating. I started yelling and getting into the spirit like a champ. The races only last a minute or two, but the horses get neck and neck, switch leads and each race is pretty unpredictable. In between every race there is some downtime, so I had chances to explore the park and take pictures. I was in heaven.

Untitled


Untitled


Untitled

I got to hang out with the America's Best Racing Ambassadors, talk with them about racing and what it's like to tour the country, promoting the sport. The ambassadors will remain on tour until the Breeder's Cup, which is pretty much the Super Bowl of horse racing.
I will definitely return to the races this season, but I will bring my family to tag along (for good luck because I didn't end up taking any money home!).

For more information about racing, America's Best Racing or Santa Anita, check out these links:
followhorseracing.com
www.santaanita.com
www.twitter.com/abrvtour

No comments:

Post a Comment