Monday, September 9, 2013

#ShakeMonth at Johnny Rockets

Untitled
September is National Shake Month (for reals!) and my family definitely shook things up at the Original Johnny Rockets on Melrose last Saturday. **We were treated to tasty burgers, American fries and their famous creamy milkshakes, all in honor of their newest flavor: The Candy Shake. Full of real m&m's chocolate pieces, The Candy Shake is a sweet way to celebrate National Shake Month (seriously, this is a real thing).
I have eaten at the Johnny Rockets in Laguna Beach many times, but we were very excited to pilgrimage to the Melrose location, because MELROSE.. duh.
By the time we arrived (it's about a 45 minute drive for us) we were soaked in sweat (old car problems) and ready to chill out with some milk shakes. Strawberry, banana, dark chocolate and strawberry Oreo were just a few of the flavors we tried.

Untitled

My favorite was banana with American fries to dip. Yes, I'm a fry/ice cream lover. The kids loved The Candy Shake and Jeffrey's favorite was strawberry.
Untitled

Once we cooled off a little, we heated up the dance floor, aka the corner of the diner, with some sweet moves. The sugar rush kicked in at that point.
Untitled

After our dance party, it seemed like perfect timing to give the kids bottles of ketchup and let them make "ketchup art"!
Untitled

(some of my kids tried harder than others)
Untitled

After ketchup art, we took a shakeology lesson and learned the secret to making a delicious Johnny Rockets milkshake. Wanna know the secret? Johnny Rockets makes their own ice cream to ensure your milkshake is the right consistency-not too milky, not so hard that you can't drink it through a straw. Cool, huh?!
Untitled
Just imagine if the girls paid that much attention in school...

We had a great day spending family time with Johnny Rockets and hope you'll stop at a location near you, soon! Happy Shake Month!

**Disclaimer, this is not a compensated post. However, we were given free food at the event. We love Johnny Rockets and trust me, these opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I love Johnny Rockets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I thought I Was the only one -- I was totally dipping my fries in the candy shake. :)

    ReplyDelete