Sunday, August 4, 2013

Grilled Cauliflower

Yes, the secret to yummy grilled cauliflower is in this post, but first I had to vent a little bit. Skip to the bottom of the post for the recipe if you want....

One of the top reasons why wives claim to fail on diets is the lack of support from husbands. I hear it all the time on blogs, facebook rants, from my friends and I'm pretty sure I have griped about how I just can't stay on track when my husband is eating goodies all the time. So, to remedy the situation, we genius wives decide to enroll our husbands in our diet. Together, the husband/wife team stays on the diet and conquers all their weight loss goals and become modern day cannons of man, right? Yup. That's what my husband and I are doing right now. Totally easy....

My husband and I are trying grasping at straws to eat cleaner together to generally improve our diet, and last night was our first fight about the lifestyle change. I specifically mean, "first fight". Changing eating habits is hard enough on one's own, but having to hold one another accountable is trying. To sum it up, we both just want to eat all the cookies on earth right now and it's making us grumpy. Here is the gist of our argument last night:
Hubs: I'm pretty sure my body needs sugary crap to function. I feel totally wiped out.
Me: ***Turns into defensive Hulk and rants about how important the diet is, you saboteur!*** 
So, this morning I was going to make a big stack of syrupy spite pancakes for my husband, but when I came downstairs, he was drinking an almond milk and fruit smoothie. Because, as it turns out, he actually does care about this stuff, and about how important this change is to me. I need to tattoo Your Husband is Your Friend, You Idiot on my forehead. Gah, good husbands always win.

And now, Grilled Cauliflower!


1/2 head of cauliflower, broken into florets
1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tbsp. rough sea salt
as much pepper as you want.

Toss the cauliflower in oil, salt and pepper
Grill on low/med. heat, checking after 10 minutes to turn veggies.
(I took my cauliflower off the grill after about 20 minutes because the kids don't like anything charred, but you could definitely leave it on for longer)
Delicious and easy.



1 comment: