Friday, July 26, 2013

Win a $25 gift card to Island's Restaurants!

Last week, I got to meet up with the So Cal Lady Bloggers and sample the limited time summer menus at Island's Restaurants! Holy YUM, everything was good.

Untitled
I-Shandy, Ginger-Berry Shandy, Sunset Sangria, Moonlight Sangria
First, we were treated to try new summer drinks. My favorite was the I-Shandy, a mix of beer and lemonade that doesn't taste like beer at all! Ha! Take that, beer! Island's also has a Ginger Berry Shandy (of course I had a sip) that was spicy and fruity like cider. Both Shandy's were totally refreshing and lite; perfect to pair with lunch.
I also tried two sangrias, red and white, that were delicious. I love sangria, it was the signature drink at my wedding and is a staple at any Suarez gathering (pedirle a mi Suegro).
After some sips, Island's brought out an appetizer spread with Spinach Artichoke dip, different salsas, buffalo wings and Poke.
Untitled







Holy cow, POKE. Poke (pronounced pokey) is a Hawaiian dish made of raw tuna, soy sauce and sesame seeds.
Islands takes their own spin on this traditional cuisine using chunks of fresh Albacore tuna, and adds some heat and crunchy scallions. I could have eaten the entire bowl. This can be ordered as an appetizer or an entrĂ©e.

9d23fb3e-f1be-471b-b452-9cf6c47c5d78
Poke. Poke.











I had to keep myself from filling up on all the appetizers, because I knew Islands was going to save the best for last.









THE HEAT WAVE BURGER

Untitled
Burger Face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A big, juicy, burger, smothered in green chili sauce and all the burger fixings. Or maybe I should say, a whole bunch of chilis with a burger underneath... Either way, it was delicious and had just enough kick that my spicy tooth was satisfied. I am a messy burger eater, so after about 5 seconds I needed a fork and knife to tame that bad boy. It was huge. Literally, a face-sized burger.
Islands treated me and my blogger ladies right, keeping our glasses and tummy's full. Let  them treat you right, too and visit an Island's Burgers before this awesome summer menu goes away!

UntitledUntitled

Island restaurants can be found in Southern California, Las Vegas and Phoenix Arizona.
To spread the love, Islands gave me two $25 gift cards to giveaway! I will select the lucky ducks via RaffleCopter on Monday, July 29 at 11:59 PM!

 
I was not paid to write this review. However, I was given free food to sample and a gift card to return with my family. All opinions and photos are my own.
 Thank you to Islands Burgers and SoCalLadyBloggers for the opportunity to eat and socialize!

12 comments:

  1. We love their chicken wraps! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would spend it on my husband who is a big Islands fa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'd have to take my hubster! He loves burgers, he orders burgers everywhere we go. :) We haven't been to Island's in a while..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Islands! Hooray for bottomless fries! Plus, the Yaki tacos are great if you're there and not in the mood for a burger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would enjoy a nice meal with my husband! It would be a date night for us and I would enjoy a juicy maui burger... YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Islands! I'd have a fun girls night :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My family of four.

    Debnmike moretti

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would use it as a date night for my husband and I:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much!!!! We can surely use this. Heat Wave burger here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited to have won one of the Islands gift cards. I cannot wait to check out their new summer items! Thanks again! I emailed you back 2 days ago as well from my jezabel95@yahoo.com account:)
    Daniele Holmberg

    ReplyDelete