Sunday, June 9, 2013

Wanted: Happy Place

$6 Dippin Dots. Proof that I am a sucker.
Also, they were tasty. You really should get the $6 Dippin Dots.
I took Averie to Knott's Berry Farm the other day.
Because it was just the two of us, we were able to go on some rides that we normally aren't able to ride, due to height requirements and extra abundance of littles. While waiting in line for the Ferris Wheel, we were sandwiched in-between two families. In front: Mom with two boys. In back: Mom with two boys. Both moms were struggling keeping it together in line with their kids behaving like little _____________. Their boys were wild. Like, boys playing a game of keep away with mom's iPone, wild. Shin kicking, mom pinching, screaming and hitting each other for no reason, wild.
Anyways, both of these moms looked like they were miserable. They were both red faced and had that desperate "I'm so embarrassed and sorry you have to see this, but I'm just so tired" look in their eyes. Yet somehow, when they got on the Ferris Wheel, that look completely disappeared. Mom had fun with her boys, boys loved Mom and softly clung to her. All I could think was, This must be a God given ability only Mom's possess. I mean, those kids almost drove me to the brink (especially after one somehow kicked me in the face..?).
So now, I am sitting here with that same look of desperation on my face, trying to write something anything on this page that can bring me that calm feeling. Hoping for a diversion or a Ferris Wheel Flashback.

Where is your happy place?

5 comments:

  1. Disneyland. (I know you know.) Sometimes when I am desperate I close my eyes and walk down Main Street USA, go into the shops, walk around. It calms me down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to fills bottles of water from Pirates so I could just smell Disneyland in Utah. I think I should get a job solely for us to gain free entry.

      Delete
  2. I always film it when my kids are driving me crazy. They are really good 90% of the time, but I want to remember that 10%. That way, when I'm done having kids and wanting to have juuuuust one more, I'll look at the tape and remember......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you step away or even just look at a meltdown from the screen of your phone, it is always easier. I have a couple of those videos saved so one day I can be like, THIS IS WHY I HAVE GREY HAIR!

      Delete
  3. as a mom with two boys, i can cosmically relate to both of the moms you were sandwiched between. :)

    ReplyDelete