Monday, May 13, 2013

That One Time I Effectively Parented #RealMamaLife

I'm linking up with Le Petit Reve today to share my #RealMamaLife post. Most of my posts are pretty real, although occasionally I will crop out a pile of doodoo or run a comb through one of the kid's hair for every one's sake..Or use a real camera instead of my phone. Not today. That is what my #RealMamaLife link up is all about. Letting things be the way they are and capturing life, cameraphone pics and all.
Untitled

Today is day 3 of battle royal between the 4 y/o and the 3 y/o. They have been on each other's nerves for 72 hours and counting. Which means my nerves were shot 48 hours ago.
At wit's end, I summoned all of my mom powers and decided to join the toddler forces of evil and create: Angry Dinner.

First, I gave each child a bowl of crackers and said: Crunch them up like you're mad. Beat up the crackers.
Untitled
Then, I gave each child a wooden spoon and said: Do whatever you want with this. Wooden spoons are fun.
Untitled
Next, I gave each child a hunk of ground beef, a cracked egg and said: Mush this together. Please don't lick your fingers, I don't need you to get food poisoning. (3 y/o didn't listen, stay tuned for possible follow up post).
Untitled
Lastly, I put the crock pot in front of them and said: Make meatballs. Put them in here.
Untitled
It worked! They forgot they were pissed at one another.
Untitled..And I didn' have to make dinner.

I WON.






 

10 comments:

  1. You seriously win the prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO remembering this when my 2-yo and 7-mo are that age. You win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this made me laugh. Also? Your eldest has some serious gansgta poses going on there. Where ever did she learn that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's straight up thug life around here.
      ...and she goes to a state run preschool. I'm guessing she learned it there.

      Delete
  4. :::::drops mic::::: that's how it's fuckin' done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GENIUS. You should be teaching a class!

    ReplyDelete