Sunday, May 26, 2013

Daycation: A cautionary tale

I put the idea of Legoland resort, including a one night stay at the Legoland Hotel out into the universe, and the universe (as always) replied: You just can't afford that!
Okay. 'Nuff said. We will just stay at another hotel. If you aren't staying at Legoland Hotel, why bother staying somewhere crappy? Just drive home aferwards. The universe said. 
Daycation!
And so, we trecked to San Di-ago, had a nice day and trecked back home. It was a very cool amusement park and I would totally take the kids again. Here's proof I had fun:
 

Untitled
 
However, this morning I woke up with a serious case of the grrrrrrrmmmmmehs. You know, when you look around and you just can't even. The kids were whining, the house was a mess, something stinky was in the trashcan and The Laundry. Oh, the laundry. Essentially, I woke up to a completely normal day in the life.
You see..
All I wanted was to take a vacation this weekend, and not because I wanted to make wonderful family memories. Those are just an added bonus; a causalty of vacationing, if you will.
I wanted a vacation because I needed (still need) a break from cleaning up the same ________ing messes in the same ________ing house.

So next time: Screw the universe and book the damn hotel.

2 comments:

  1. I love you so much. And this break that you speak of? Never going to happen. Even with a hotel. I love you enough to tell you the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wanna take the kids but its so damn expensive!!!

    and i live with that mess, daily no matter how much i clean.

    gotta teach our kiddos to fold laundry soon!!

    ReplyDelete