Saturday, May 4, 2013

#1 Tip to get the Most Out of Your Blog Photos

I recently went to an event that was attended by a lot of bloggers. Much better bloggers than myself.
What I noticed, is that behind every great blog picture is a husband with a camera. All I could think was, how do these women train their husbands to take such awesome pictures? Or even pictures at all? I asked my husband to be on photo duty at this event, and when the camera wasn't dangling limp from his wrist, missing all the moments, he snapped these gems:

Out of focus on a point and shoot.
Untitled
Face. 
You may be saying, "Oh, it's only two bad pictures, lighten up!" But you're not getting it. HE ONLY TOOK TWO PICTURES. I happened to review the photos later in the day and promptly took the camera back into my custody. Thank goodness I was all over the phone pics.
The thing is, he isn't accustomed to caring about pictures. Or taking them. When I say, "take my picture, please" he takes one and is done, instead of nineteen snaps in a row for me to choose from. I just have to hope for the best and take what I get.
So, my number one tip to get the best blog photos possible is:
Train your husbands.
(or partner in crime who has the job of following you around on blog days)

4 comments:

  1. Personally - I like the angle of your sword? Angle of sword + face = best picture ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is HILARIOUS. I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep. josh sucks at taking pictures too. i'm starting to train wyatt and honestly, he's taken some better ones of me that josh ever has.

    ReplyDelete