Thursday, April 18, 2013

30 Day Shred, Day 1

What a bitch.
I used to be incredibly fit. Crazy muscles popping out in random places I didn't even know had muscle tissue, fit.
Then, I got married and uncomfortable working out in front of my husband, but comfortable eating all the cookies ever on Earth in front of him. (Which one is more embarrassing, hmmmm?)
Now, I find myself unable to squeeze into my swimming suit without having a spare tire/muffin* top situation and facing the fact that I will be spending Memorial Day weekend stuffed in that XS suit because I can't afford a new one.
So, I'm having a date with Jillian Micheals tonight. I'm going for it, all 30 days and looking forward to seeing some differences**. ...Otherwise, I will be that girl that has to wear an oversized shirt at the pool. No bueno.
Have any of you done the 30 Day Shred? I did Insanity and saw crazy results, but I just don't think I am at that level right now. Maybe in 30 60  90? days...

*mmmm..muffins.
**Also, I hate it when people who are not morbidly obese talk about dieting and working out. I know I am doing that right now, and I understand  if you roll your eyes and do the, "She doesn't need to lose anything", thing. I get it. And get that I'm not in this to lose, but actually want to gain some of that muscle back. Because that spare tire is a flat tire.
Skin tire=grody.

2 comments:

  1. Yessss! High Five! I just started the 30 day shred 2 days ago - today is day 3. And Girl, I feel so much better already! Little sore muscles, especially legs and chest. But it feels great!

    I post a picture of me AFTER the workout every day on Instagram. I hope that I can keep it up!

    Oh I'm happy I found someone going through the same pain :oD

    Another DVD that works great for me is "Be a Knockout with Kendra" - Kendra Wilkinson. I like her a lot and the DVD is awesome and funny!

    Have a great day and weekend!
    xoxo
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yay I will seek you out on IG. That's a great idea to hold yourself accountable! And I love Kendra so much, I'll definitely find that workout.
      Yes to us getting fine for summer!

      Delete