Friday, March 1, 2013

I have been hesistant to post about this...but here goes.
My family got two pet budgies at the swap meet. Birds. Living in my house. Now.
Clearly, I was against this, but my one vote of, "No let's get another gold fish," was decimated by five strong YES's. My family of bird lovers won.

Untitled
Blud girl is named Domino. Green guy is The Golden Egg (Cat's naming choice. Obvs)
At first, I was kinda sorta okay with the birds. I mean, they are pretty in their cage. But then, after having them for about 24 hours, my husband went ahead and took the peetys OUT of the cage. I didn't know that is what you do with birds. So, with wild birds flapping around my home, and me screaming at said birds, husband and mother nature, things got a little out of control. Luckily, rules were set on bird usage, wings were clipped and I am starting to calm down.

Untitled
double birding it
I might go as far as to say that I don't hate them too much--now that their wings are clipped and they can't fly, so they are more like hamsters.
Untitled
Plus, the birds make good babysitters.

1 comment: