Tuesday, January 15, 2013

No Sew Valentine's Bunting!

One of the best parts about being a parent is decorating for the holidays. Unfortunately, it can get expensive and sometimes is downright wasteful..who wants to spend money on a million paper heart shaped doilies that are going to rip when you try to take them down on the 15th?
So, I decided to take the DIY route and came up with this cute and easy new sew heart bunting.

First I Mod Podged both sides of pieces of scrap fabric so I could cut pieces without worrying about frayed ends. I know how to sew, but I also know that I am too lazy to hem anything. You can get away with only applying Mod Podge to one side, but I liked how stiff (snicker) and heavy the pieces were after applying to both sides.
After my fabric dried, I folded it up and cut my hearts out and strung it. Tah Dah!
THAT'S IT. 


I will probably make more of these-We have some sweet topiary action going on outside our townhouse that needs to be decorated. 

3 comments:

  1. SUper cool!! I will have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE!! IT LOOKS CUTE!!
    i need some mod podge, theres so many crafts that require that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use a Micheal's 50% off coupon and buy the big jug. Shiz is expensive, but lasts forever!

      Delete