Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Here's to Staycations!

I always forget how important shared experiences are. Like on Christmas morning, when I didn't get a sleigh load of gifts from my husband, but instead was informed that my gift was to be a trip to Catalina Island.
Gee, thanks, I thought to myself. Doesn't my husband get how much effort I put into giving everyone what they wanted this year? Doesn't he understand that I feel so unappreciated? What kind of a gift is the promise of a staycation? 
And then we went to Catalina on January 1 and I ate my thought-words. 
Untitled

We spent the entire day together hiking and talking. Like, really talking. The kind of talking we did when we were dating. You know, the 4 hour phone sessions where you feel-so-close-to-someone-despite-the-distance kind of talking.

Untitled

Untitled


We connected again, and it was wonderful. 
Untitled
Thank you for the greatest Christmas gift ever.

2 comments:

  1. That husband of yours is a smart man. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feels so nice to reconnect, doesn't it? Like a breath of fresh air! Looks like you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete