Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things


I've been in an overwhelmed mood for a couple of months. Maybe my whole life. I'm a pretty anxious lady.
One thing I have been trying to focus on is identifying things that make me smile and bring on the warm fuzzies, so I can remember to think of these things when I start to feel tense. I have to tell myself to take a deep breath and say (sometimes aloud), "I am going to react differently than I normally do. The way I habitually behave is not working," and then I have to distract myself with a completely different thought or action. It's like the "SQUIRREL!!" thing from UP!.
These are a few thoughts that perk me up:

  • My husband  And this photo. 
Untitled
This picture is just so good. I can't be angry at anyone when I think of this.
  • Christmas lights
Untitled
Except for the one Scroogy house on the block who doesn't put them up.
  • Sleep  Sometimes I just need a nap. 
  • @catsofinstagram  Hell yes! I follow them.
  • That all 4 of my girls rock out to this song with their eyes closed  I worry for my future of emotional angsty girls 




I just hate that I fall into this victimized "THE KIDS ARE KILLING ME!"  mood sometimes. Its like I expect the kids to act like neat, orderly adults who don't break stuff and/or each other. Or ask why a million times. Or listen to my answer to why. Or, or....
**DEEP BREATH**
What do you do to take a breather and calm down?


1 comment:

  1. i swear by stresstabs. i get them at walmart. maybe it's just a placebo effect, but they seem to make me less irritable.

    http://www.amazon.com/StressTabs-Energy-60tab-Pack-2/dp/B001G7QS9I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356007975&sr=8-1&keywords=stresstabs

    super long ugly link.

    ReplyDelete