Monday, November 26, 2012

Not Slapsgiving

Untitled
Julie + Dixon Family

 
My last two Thanksgiving's were spent pretty much alone, as were most holidays as a divorced mother, living in a state where my immediate family did not. Like any decent mother would, I handed over our child to her husband on holidays so she could spend them with family. This year, while I didn't spend it with my husband, I was fortunate enough to go to one of my closest friend's Thanksgiving. I had a great time, and her family made me feel very comfortable...not to mention they fed me quite well. And they had a parrot. That's reason enough to go anywhere.


Untitled
The most scared I've ever been in my life. I value my digits.
After dinner, the men went one direction to watch football, and us ladies got down to some serious business and made Polar Express trains out of Rice Crispies and crazy amounts of candy.
Should I clarify that there were no children at this Thanksgiving?
And should I mention that I ran a serious train on these Rice Crispies trains?
Do I even need to?
I mean, come on look at these things.

Untitled
A whole day's caloric intake in train form.
Needless to say, I'm going to steal this craft and make them again for Christmas..and possibly every holiday.
Do you have a tradition in your family? I would love to hear about it, so I can possibly steal it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment