Saturday, November 24, 2012

My Utah

Untitled
I got to wear my parka. If you own a parka, you know how comfy and cocoonish wearing one is. WIN!
I spent the last week in Utah, visiting some friends who live in downtown Salt Lake while Averie shared Thanksgiving with her dad.
I. Had. No. Children.
I. Had. No. Work.
IT. WAS. AWESOME!
Untitled
I am very afraid of flying..so Averie was assuring me that we would be okay if we crashed  in the ocean..that is between Utah and California.

Oh, but I didn't have my husband..because he had the aforementioned mentioned things.
So, I bummed around the city alone for the week and slept. I literally just slept because I could. I keep thinking that part of me should (but doesn't) feel like I wasted my alone time.. Maybe I could have and should have done something markedly great, like (INSERT WHATEVER HERE). Really, I caught up on some much needed zzzs, took a million Instagram selfies, sewed some crafts and took my friend's dog on lots of walks. But, I don't feel like I wasted my vacation. Because it was a vacation.
No regrets.

Untitled What would you do if you had a week to yourself? Would you squander it on sleep or are you one of those uppity types that does stuff?

2 comments:

  1. i woulda done the same. chilled to the max!
    good for u friend, you needed a break.
    but why didnt you take me with u?? jk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would sleep and then dream that I was sleeping and that dream would be so great that I wouldn't want to wake up from it, but then I would and I would go back to sleep. After I peed.

    ReplyDelete