Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Honeymooners



Hey, I had a honeymoon back in July! I took some photos with my CAMERA (not the one attached to the phone) and completely forgot/was too lazy to get the USB cord.
Last night, my sweet husband uploaded them, and reminded me about what a great few days we had--by ourselves. Having a new marriage with kids already involved is tricky and emotional. The moments we spend together, focusing solely on one another, is vital to building up our own foundation, but we rarely get that time. Looking at these pictures, the first thing that popped into my mind (after, "I was SO skinny in July") was, "I need to make more time for my husband."
Remember when I said that having kids and being newly weds is tricky?? Well...
How do I make that time, and more importantly, how do I make that time count? We put the kids to bed and could theoretically hang out, but we are usually so pooped by then, anything more than a beer and 30 minutes of Netflix is out of the question.
We kind of squandered our honeymoon time catching up on sleep in our fancy honeymoon condo. It was awesome!

I mean, I honestly want to get to know my husband better-how do I do that? He isn't a "talky" kind of dude, and isn't the most forthcoming with those teddy bear emotions.
Thoughts?
 
When it's just the two of you...who takes the pictures?



We didn't win big...it was Laughlin.




1 comment:

  1. Dude, it sounds like we married the same man. And we had our kids (well, one of them) before we got married too. We never went on a honeymoon. 9 years later, we've still not been on a trip without the little buggers, and I still haven't figured out how to do what you ask. We have created an intricate communication system involving head nods and big eyes so something is going right:).

    ReplyDelete