Wednesday, October 17, 2012

On Halloween Costumes

I have two six year old girls. One of them is sweet and dumb, the other is six going on sixteen. One of them wants to be a dalmation for Halloween, the other wants to be a slutty fish.

Untitled Yeah, a slutty fish.
NOT HAPPENING.
Target is selling the costume for around $30, so every time we go to Target (which is a lot) my kid whines that she neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds to be Lagoooooooooona Bluuuuuuuuuuue becaaaaaause MONSTER-HIGH-IS-SO-COOL-AND-PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE..... You get the picture. 
I am certain that there will be other first graders dressed like the Monster High girls, and to be completely honest with y'all, I don't have much of a problem with the brand. I'll even admit that I have rolled over and purchased a couple of doodads from the $1 section in Target that were Monster High for the girls. The dolls are funny to me, I am not a fan of Barbie, so I get a kick out of the idea of the "Anti Barbies". 
But, letting my (young young young) girl dress up like a "lady of the night" doesn't fly, and I don't want to cover her sweet face in Gothic makeup.

Does this make me a hypocrite? I guess so. I have let the Monster High crap into my home, so I should have seen this coming; I created the monster (HA!)

Is my six year old going to be upset when I break the news that she needs to pick a KID COSTUME? Yep.

Did I learn my lesson? Sure did.

3 comments:

  1. Haha that's funny! Good luck with that one! Target has some of their costumes 50% off right now online! Check it out!

    Jenn
    couponcalimom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wrote a post about hoebag girl costumes a couple weeks ago. i can't imagine having four girls that i had to get non slutty halloween costumes for. i even saw a slutty big bird. :-/

    http://delirious-rhapsody.blogspot.com/2012/10/i-want-scary-halloween-back.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. No.
    This is why, if I don't make the costumes, we get them from Costco. They never have the whooooore ones, it seems.

    ReplyDelete