Wednesday, October 24, 2012

MOney

I consider myself kind of frugal.
Buuuuut, I have been careless lately. There are 5 different Targets within 5 miles of my home. I love Target clearance and somehow guiltlessly (new word) buy crap.
I looked through my receipts the other day and felt downright ashamed of my spending, and vowed to get back into fiscal shape asap. So, no more Target trips. NO MORE!

  • I have allotted myself $100 a month for groceries for the rest of the year, I am confident that I can stretch our budget as our freezer is full of meat. This leaves milk money and fresh produce. When the processed crud I've let the kids dupe me into buying is gone (Goldfish, Trix and fruit snax)-- it is gone. Boo hoo, make friends with wealthier kids at school and go eat their food. I always did. Thanks, Jurado's!
  • I have allotted our family $100 to spend on Christmas gifts--Sorry dudes, you're getting some homemade shiz and family photos from the Suarez clan.
  • We are not renewing our Disneyland passes, but going Knott's next year. That will save us an additional $70 a month. I know you are like, why do you need passes? Well, going to an amusement park once a week pleases the masses. We don't spend our money on going to movies (we did last week because the Dland passes expired--see??), extra toys or anything entertainment-ish. BECAUSE WE GO TO THE AMUSEMENT PARK SO OFTEN. It really works. 
  • I WILL be monitoring my driving to save $$ on gas. 

I will, I will, I will.

Why am I cracking down on the spending??
Because I want these two things:

So sexy. The car of my dreams.
via

Okay..not this particular house, but a house. MORE SPACE and an enclosed yard to throw the kids in.
via
For once, I feel like these things are something that I am mature enough to save for, give a crap about, and relatively close to attaining. I haven't been given either of these things for free yet, nor have I won the lottery. I have no wealthy great aunts who love me enough to leave their trusts to me, and I am not going to get these things without saving a buttload of money via sacrifice/budgeting/not being an idiot.
SO, here's to growing up and having real $$ goals. Hooray!



2 comments:

  1. Lol, "thanks, Jurados!" I am feeling the same way today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right there with you on the Target front. I need to make some goals too. Thanks for sharing yours. Mine may still include some "crap" expenditures...

    ReplyDelete