Monday, October 22, 2012

A Personal History: Part 1

I came across this list of the 50 Best Life Story Questions, by Dan Curtis. I thought it might be interesting to answer them (broken up in sets of 10, of course)...supposedly this is the healthy and soul searching-ish thing to do. 
So, lez goo!
via
I felt like I should put some sort of new age graphic for this post (to show you guys that I'm serious, here).

If you could do one thing over in your life, what would it be?

  • I would have tried harder while in, and  finished hair school. I was "going through" some stuff, but I should have finished it, and the "stuff" I was going through was an excuse to not try as hard as I should have. I dropped out because it was the easy thing to do, allowing me more time to party it up.  
What makes you happy?

  • Feeling appreciated. I am addicted to praise, WHO ISN'T? Validation just feels good. Conversely, I have a hard time looking at myself and my work in a positive light. I'm working on it.
  • Oh, and donuts.
Looking back on your life, what do you regret?

  • I regret not spending as much time with my brothers and sisters while they were young. I was a teenager when I lived close to them, and I always had a boy or a party or a job that took precedence over family time. 
What do you believe to be true?

  • Lots of things. I believe that we make our own beds, and sleep in them; victims of circumstance will find themselves in the same pickles over and over again. I also believe in God and forgiveness, change and personal growth.  
What is the secret to a happy life?

  •   No matter what is going on, where you are or who you are with, find something that makes you smile and put all your energy into it. This is easier said than done. My husband is the master of this and can find something redeeming, even waist deep in muck. He is the happiest person I know.
What do you believe happens to us after we die?

  • Physically, I can walk you through the steps of decomposition. I know exactly how we break down,  where our bodies go and what we can turn into. Spiritually, I have no idea. I can't even put my feelings in word form, because I just don't know.
Who’s had the greatest influence on your life and why?
  • I have never had a "mentor" and never attached myself to a leader figure in that sense. I guess I could say my husband, because I let him influence my decisions the most. We parent together, and lead our family as a team.
What are the qualities that you admire in your friends?

  • I thought about this for a few minutes...I compared my closest friends and realized they all have one shared quality: Generosity. I admire that, I seek that, I like generous people. Who doesn't? 

What is the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do?
  • Tell my family I was getting divorced. That sucked. 
How would you describe yourself?
  • A bad bowler.

Untitled

1 comment:

  1. I wish you would have finished hair school, too, because then we wouldn't be breaking the law when you cut my hair.

    ReplyDelete