Thursday, September 27, 2012

Are You A Good Egg?

I scored some free eggs from a very nice friend who knows that my family will:
  1. Eat anything
  2. Not let a scrap of whateverthehellthatcrapisinthefridge go to waste
One carton of eggs had a "sell by" date of Sept. 6...Today is the 27th.
Will we eat these eggs?  Would you eat them? How do you know if the eggs are really expired or not?

THE FLOATER TEST!
 
Untitled
  • Grab your official egg checker (Hair in face is optional)
  • Have her fill up a cup of REALLY COLD (throw a couple cubes in there) water
  • Carefully drop each egg into the water
    • If the egg sinks to the bottom, it is good!
    • If the egg stands on it's tip, it is good, but needs to be used ASAP!
    • If the egg floats, it is gnarly and you shouldn't eat it. You could, but you might die...maybe. Your choice. Death by egg.*
PicsArt.com
Yes, Sam I Am, we will eat these eggs.

     
*Death by egg is pretty unlikely, but we like drama around here. Also, it had a better ring than Explosive Huevo Diarrhea.

4 comments:

  1. well that's embarrassing. sorry. i didn't even know they had expired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude...thanks you for the eggs. We ha e already used them! Also, they WEREN'T expired:)
      They probably were on the shelf after the date. Happens all the time!

      Delete
    2. omg this comment made me laugh out loud. HA!

      Also, great advice! I have a carton of eggs that I've been giving the side eye to, because they've been in there a while. My plan was just to leave them there until I was absolutely certain that they had gone bad, and then throw them out... I guess I might actually be able to use them!

      Delete