Friday, August 3, 2012

Ventventventvent

I am having a hard time coping with our unfair custody situation today. Some days it doesn't affect me and others it is just so messed up that I can't deal. Today is one of the "I can't deal" days. Here is the sitch:
We have (and paid a pretty penny to get) joint legal and physical custody of Jeffrey's kids. On paper we have them 50% of the time. In reality, we have them close to 70%-80% of the week. We are not the primary custodial party for the kids, so even though we have them most of the time, we still pay tons of child support and cannot claim them for government assistance (food stamps, wic etc)..This is frustrating because we provide most of their meals throughout the week. We keep a calendar and document the times we have the kids in hopes that someday we can fix the situation, but everything is up to a judge..and costs money to take to court. It is just so messed up, and I hate that everyone says, "Why don't the kids just live with you if you have them all the time?" 
Maybe someday that will change. Until then, we do what we can and try to have a good time doing it.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand what you're going through. My Fiance and I just went through a very stressful Child Custody hearing for his son on the 15th. I love my step son very much. And having to sit back and be nice to his mom while she uses him as a pawn to get more money out of his dad has been torture to say the least. I know how bad it is with just one kid, it must be even more stressful with 3. Hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete