Saturday, July 28, 2012

The family that does stuff..

I am so lucky that I married a man who listens to the things I say. Like, the time I said I wanted to take the kids beach camping because I thought it would be really fun. Well, he listened and is making that a reality tomorrow.
We will see how that pans out.
I said I wanted to be "The Family that Does Stuff" and I really do. Honestly. But, the problem is that Jeffrey is so busy and I turn into "Julie, who takes her step kids to do stuff alone" more often than not. I feel like I owe it to them to either be out all the time at parks or play dates, or baking and crafting with them constantly to fill the time until Papi gets home. It is important to me that when Jeffrey asks V what we did all day, her answer has some substance. We don't have the girls every single day, and I am not working full time anymore, so the time I do have with them is really special. I don't know if I will have to go back to work full time again, so I am not wasting this opportunity.
Today, we went to a new friend's house and played with her awesome kids. It was great, and I appreciated the adult conversation while the kids distracted each other :)
I don't know why I couldn't really make mom friends in Utah, so I am glad to have made a few here.
We Love New Friends!
Pizza Picnic!

Camping pictures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment