Sunday, May 20, 2012

Thought of the day: On eating poor.

In a couple of weeks I am up sizing my family of 2 for a family of 6. Good thing I am good at being poor.
I hear people complain about money problems, yet they eat and drink out on a daily basis. To these souls I say, "STOP GIVING YOUR MONEY TO RESTAURANTS, AND COOK YOUR OWN DAMN FOOD". And sometimes it blows people's minds to realize how cheap it is to actually cook for yourself.
For example, I could go to KFC and get 8pcs of chicken for $13.29. Just the chicken. And you don't know what is in it, or who touched it..which really freaks me out.
Or, you can cook your own. For around $2.00. And it's not hard, I promise!
Invest in a grill pan to use in your broiler and you will be amazed at how fast and easy it is to prepare your meal.

Also, being poor means you just have to say goodbye to some of your favorite foods. Sorry, but those $4.00 Newman's Ginger-o's and that organic Quinoa is for people with better jobs and less kids than you. Duplex Creams and white rice are what you get. And it sucks, but you should have gone to medical school if you wanted to be fancy.

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I'm totally pro-cooking at home! The dishes pile up quicker but I know what's going in our bodies and it's cost-effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha "you should have gone to medical school if you wanted to be fancy"...word. Sure eating out is easier, but I like sitting down to dinner, when I made that dinner for my family. It's that's sappy ingredient we call love that makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete