Friday, February 10, 2012

Swirly Sugar Cookies.



This week has been soo busy for me! I've got family coming in this weekend to celebrate my daughter's 6th birthday on Saturday, and have been working 'round the clock to prepare for her party and our house guests. Actually, let me clarify that..I have been BAKING 'round the clock. Not only do I have to supply baked goods for her birthday party, I've also got extra bread to make (yes, I bake all my own bread every week), Valentine's goods to make for co-workers and neighbors, plus my daughter's class party!
I turned to prepare ahead sugar cookie dough to have on hand for the whole week. With a little food coloring and some sprinkles, I whipped up these cool cookies that will surely wow the kiddos!

Her party is rainbow themed, and I made these fun cookies as part of her party favors, but think of all the fun color combos you could do for holidays!
Enjoy.

Swirly Sugar Cookies
(using your favorite sugar cookie recipe)

Make your sugar cookie dough, and separate the dough into 4 or 5 even sized portions. Each portion will be a different color.
Using food coloring, color each portion. Make sure that the colors you choose "match" and will look good together.

Roll out each color as flat as you can, and layer in the color order you want them to appear in the swirl.

Roll the dough into a log.
Pinch the ends of your log together or cut them off..The end cookies will not be great looking. I guess you'll just have to dispose of them yourself.



Let chill for at least 2 hours. The firmer the dough, the easier it is to cut your cookies.



I topped mine before baking with some rainbow sprinkle to give an added crunch.

Bake as directed by your recipe.

AND THAT'S IT! I made the dough almost a week in advance, and when I was ready to bake it took me all of 5 minutes to prepare the cookies and preheat the oven. Genius is me!




If  you would like a great sugar cookie recipe, click here!




No comments:

Post a Comment